- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology
- Model: DMG
- Name: DMX Merger
- MPN: DMG-4x1DC3P
- UL Listings: Power Supply, PCB pre populated
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 6.7" x 2.1"
- Condition: New
- CHASSIS: Anodized Aluminum .093" thick RoHS compliant
- POWER: Apx 480mA (output full source with 1 PCB installed) (3) PCB's installed
- DATA TYPE: DMX (250Khz)
- DATA INPUT: DMX - 5 (or 3) pin male XLR, [Pin 1 - (Shield) Not connected, Pin 2 Data - , Pin 3Data +]
- DATA OUTPUT: DMX outputs - 5 (or 3) pin female XLR's, [Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2Data -, Pin 3 Data +]
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Internal FUSE: 500mA PCB SMT (through hole mount option)
- External Power Supply: +5VDC
- Voltage Input: 100 ~ 132 (or 240) VAC
- Current Output (Min): 1 Amps
- Power (Min): 5 Watts
- Polarization: Positive Center
- Output Connector: Barrel Plug, 2.5mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm
June 2022: User Guide and Technical Specs DMG-V7 pdf
Prior May 2022: User Guide and Technical Specs DMG-V5 pdf
DMX to RS232 Converter
DMX to 0 ~ 10 Volter Converter
DMX Multi Station Switch Controller
With up to 10 XLR connector spaces on the back, add a 1x4 splitter option for additional outputs. Add a dual input analyzer and view the merged data or test a DMX signal from a front XLR port.
Several options and configurations available
- Up to 8 inputs
- Front power switch optional - select to have a power switch installed
- Back connector access (For front access installation and pricing please contact sales)
- Additional outputs.
- 3 and/or 5 pin XLR's
- TVS protection chipset upgrade
- Dual input DMX analyzer-internal and external testing and viewing of the DMX channel levels a front XLR port.
Additional Function Options
With up to 10 XLR connector spaces on the back several configurations can be installed. Most of the DMX PCB's can be installed for a custom unit
- DMX Splitters
- DMX Optical input splitters
- DMX Analyzers
- RS232 to DMX Converters
- DMX to 0-10V Converters
- DMX wall Switch Controllers
- and more
Example Enclosure pictured above is an example of a 19" 1RU (rack unit) Merger / Splitter / and Analyzer. DMX 5x4 w/ Analyzer (5 Input Merger, 4 Outputs, and a DMX Dual Input Analyzer w/ Front Test Port)
For optical or buffer protection see these options: Inline Opto Isolator PCB, In line Buffer PCB, Full Optically Isolated Buffer, or Full Optically Isolated Buffer. Call or email sales today!
Merge up to 8 DMX universes into 1 with this multi function merger unit. Base unit is equipped with 2 inputs, add up to 6 more for a total of 8 inputs. Power supply included. Also see our 2U modular enclosure option for large DMX input capacity. Call or email sales for your custom configuration or design needs.
If multiple merge types are needed contact us for a custom wired unit. For example merge two universes w/ HTP and then append or backup/override the 3rd DMX input. The unit can be wired in a pyramid or cascade format.
6 DMX Merge / Combine Functions:
- HTP Highest Takes Precedence / Priority
- Backup / Override
- LoTP Lowest Takes Precedence / Priority
- LTP Latest Takes Precedence / Priority by Universe
- LTPC Latest Takes Precedence / Priority by Channel.
The HTP mode will merge two universes into one universe using HTP (Highest Takes Precedence/Priority) processing of the level of each channel. In this mode two lighting boards (or any two DMX 512 generating devices) can control the same devices. This mode is useful for controlling the same DMX 512 equipment and devices with two DMX 512 generating devices in one universe.
The Append mode will split the DMX channels into two parts (the size is user programmable) so the 1st DMX source (lighting board or console e.g.) of 128 ch's will be sent normally and the 2nd DMX source will start at channel 129 and up. So both are sent on the same universe but not directly combined or would control the same devices. This mode is useful for controlling different DMX 512 equipment or devices with two DMX 512 generating devices in one universe.
BACKUP / OVERRIDE MODE
The Backup mode will send input A continuously, ignoring input B providing input A is a valid DMX 512 signal. If input A’s signal fails input B will be switched to automatically and sent.
The LTP mode (Latest Takes Precedence/Priority by universe) will resend universe A or B to the output depending on the universe input that had the latest level change of +/- 1 on any channel. For example with two lighting boards respectively connected to input A and B, the last lighting board that made any change would take precedence and would control the output until the other lighting board made a change and then that lighting board would take control. Please note that the input sources would need to be stable or digitally controlled, otherwise unwanted switching may occur as any change of +/- 1 would initiate a switch.
The LTPC mode (Latest Takes Precedence/Priority by channel) will change an individual channels output to the latest level change (+/- 1) on a channel on A or B's input. For example, if the current level on input A channel 10 is 128 and input B channel 10 changes from 100 to 101 the output on channel 10 will now be 101, and all other channels are unchanged. Please note that the input sources would need to be stable or digitally controlled, otherwise unwanted switching may occur as any change of +/- 1 would initiate a switch.
(Lowest Takes Precedence/Priority) responds the same way as the HTP mode described above but instead of the highest level sent on a respective channel the lowest level on A or B of the two sources is sent.
DMX Merger Examples: Merge a DMX console with a computer DMX controller, append two DMX consoles' outputs, or backup your show with two DMX generating sources with auto switch over function, as several possibilities. Multiple merger / combiners can be used to merge more than two universes or provide multiple functions. Custom build options available.
Enclosure Styles Available:
- Small desktop all Aluminum w 2 or 3 input's (with optional mounting flanges)
- 1 RU (rack unit) up to 8 inputs
- 2 RU custom modules
DMX Merger 19" 1RU Rack Mount
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DMGr
- Availability: Out Of Stock