- POWER INPUT: 100 ~ 240 50 ~ 60Hz, 0.3A
- POWER USAGE: .5 watts or 5VDC at 90mA with 32 devices
- DATA TYPE: DMX512 (250Khz)
- DATA INPUT: DMX512 - 5 (or 3) pin male XLR, Pin 1 - (Shield) Not connected, Pin 2 Data - , Pin 3 Data +
- ISOLATION: Optical Isolation IC
- DATA OUTPUT: DMX512 output - 5 (or 3) pin female XLR, Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- UL Listings: Power Supply
- DIMENSIONS: 4” x .77” (excluding female release tab)
5 pin XLR for both ends or combination of 3 & 5 pins
DXI - DMX 512 In Line Optical Isolator The DXI is a DMX 512 Optically Isolated through connector designed to protect a DMX lighting board or any DMX 512 generating device from (high voltage) dimmers, fixtures, or any equipment on the daisy chain or DMX512 control line. Features a power LED and a data / active LED. If a short or malfunction occurs on the DMX512 control cable the DXI optically isolates the console (or any DMX 512 generating device) from the potential hazard, thus the DXI would be damaged and not the console. Available in 3 or 5 pin XLR. Includes an attached power supply as shown. 3 pin XLR configuration default. Please Note: This is a NON-Returnable Product.
Note - In order to optically isolate the input and offer protection, the DXI requires a 25mA input line load which is ½ of a DMX512 daisy chain load. It is recommended this unit be used directly out of the lighting board or DMX generating device. Because of this load the input does not conform to the DMX512 specifications but should work with most systems.
DMX Optical Input Isolator In Line
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DXI
- Availability: Usually Ships Within 2-3 Days