- OPTICAL / NON-OPTICAL / TVS / Comparison Chart
- DS8D PCB Enclosure Labels
- DS8D Drill Template and Wiring Diagram
- DS8D PCB Wiring Diagram
- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology
- Model: DS8D
- Name: DMX 1x8 Splitter
- MPN: DS8D-PCB
- UL Listings: PCB pre populated
- POWER: Apx 490mA with 8 outputs sourcing 32 loads each
- DATA TYPE: DMX512 (250Khz)
- DATA INPUT: DMX512 - Pin 1 - (Shield) Not connected, Pin 2 Data - , Pin 3 Data +,
- DATA OUTPUT: 8 separate DMX512 outputs - Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- Dimensions: 2.59"W x 1.61"L x .77" H (including standoffs), (.82" with screw terminals)
- Weight: 2 oz
- Standard or optical input option
- Chipset upgrade - Each output is loaded with a TVS (Transient Voltage Suppression) IC on each output of the splitter.
- Screw Terminals - this option allows for easy wire connecting and disconnecting.
- Wire Leads - 5" leads installed
- 5V Power Supply - wall style power supply compatible with the DS8 splitter PCB
- Power Connector - panel mount connector compatible with the above power supply
- LED mounting style, top mounted if the unit will be installed with access to the top of the PCB, bottom if the enclosure will have external LED accessibility, and uninstalled if unsure of the mounting style or the LEDs will be extended to the front panel.
- DIN Clips for 35mm Rail - Clips are mounted on the PCB and will snap onto a 35mm rail
- DIN Rail 35mm x 8"
The DS8D 1 In 8 out splitter PCB that can be equipped with either a standard input circuit or an optional *optical input (see note below). The DS8D-PCB is 35mm DIN rail compatible with optional DIN clips. To "Add to Cart" select the LED mounting style required.
- Standard or optical input option
- DIN rail compatible
- DIN box compatible
- Chipset Upgradeable
- LED indicators for power supply and data active
- 120 ohm terminating jumper w/ standard input (optical input is self terminating)
- 8 electronically isolated independent DMX outputs
- Compact design and versatile uses
- Design your own 1 in X 8 out splitter with 3 or 5 pin XLR connectors or both
- Compatible with all ELM Video Technology's DMX512 PCB's
- Engineered with quality parts and a reliable and simple design
- 'Active' LED illuminates indicating DMX signal is present, Power LED for 5VDC.
- Assembled PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Assembly with (4) .375" standoffs and screws
The DS8 is equipped with a standard chipset and uses a 'True Fault'** input IC (accurate data LED indication) with standard output IC's. If you need additional protection, choose the 'Chipset' upgrade. The chipset upgrade uses a 'True Fault'** input IC and *TVS protection on all outputs.
*NOTE - [Optical Input] In order to optically isolate the input and offer protection, the DSI-4 requires a 25mA input line load which is ½ of a DMX 512 daisy chain load. It is recommended this unit be used directly out of the lighting board or DMX generating device. Because of this load the input does not conform to the DMX 512 specifications but should work with most systems. Also note that the outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not optically isolated from each other.
**True Fault Input IC - A terminated and open DMX input is provides an accurate data LED indication. This IC features a fail-safe circuitry, which guarantees a logic-high receiver output when the receiver inputs are open or shorted.
Note with the standard chipset - The 8 outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not "Transient Voltage Suppressed" isolated from each other.
DMX Splitter 1x8 PCB
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DS8D
- Availability: Usually Ships in 1-2 Days
- 5 or more $79.00