DS5 Configuration Example jpg
DS5 PCB Connection Diagram jpg
DS5 Block Diagrams jpg
DS5 r2 Drill Template and Wiring Diagram pdf
Previous revision: DS5 r1 Drill Template and Wiring Diagram pdf
1 Input 10 Output (1x10) Splitter Installation Example jpg
Standard/Optical/TVS Isolation Comparison htm
DS5 User Guide / Technical Specs htm
- NOTE: The 120VAC equipped version of this unit is not UL listed or certified, the power supplies are either UL Listed and/or CE certified. Some units are available with 5 volt inputs and use a wall style power supply, if this option is required/desired please contact sales.
- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology
- Model: DS5-PCB
- Name: DMX 1x5 Splitter with optional on board power supply
- MPN: DS5-PCB
- AC FUSE: 1 Amp
- AC VOLTAGE: 120 VAC 60Hz
- AC CURRENT: 55mA Max @ 120VAC under full load
- AC Inrush Current: <0.5ms 30/60A max
- +5VDC POWER: Apx 375mA at full load (5 outputs sourcing 32 loads each)
- 5V Fuse: .500mA - 1A through hole
- DATA TYPE: DMX512 (250Khz)
- DATA INPUT: DMX512 - Pin 1 - (Shield) Not connected, Pin 2 Data - , Pin 3 Data +,
- DATA OUTPUT: 5 Independent DMX512 outputs - Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- DIMENSIONS: With Power Supply Dimensions: 1.3" L x 3.4" W x 1.16" H (including .375" standoffs)
- DIMENSIONS: With out Power Supply Dimensions: 1.3" L x 3.4" W x .76" H (including .375" standoffs)
- Weight: 2 oz / 4 oz w/ power supply
- DS5P-PCB - On board +5VDC power supply
- DS5-PCB - No power supply on board
- Chipset upgrade - The chipset upgrade has TVS IC's installed on the outputs offering TVS isolation on each output of the splitter.
- LEDs installed as shown, at request they can be bottom mounted for enclosure mounting, or uninstalled
- DMX Input & Output Screw Terminals OR Wire Tails
- DIN Clips for 35mm Rail - Clips are mounted on the PCB and will snap onto a 35mm rail
- DIN Rail 35mm x 8"
- Enclosure Labels: black on white, black on clear, or download ENCLOSURE LABELS
The DS5 is a 1 In 5 out splitter PCB with optional on board power supply that will accept a DMX 512 input from any DMX generating device such as a DMX lighting board or PC based DMX device and creates 5 additional outputs (i.e. split, distribute, buffer, amplify, boost) that will each drive up to 32 devices. The DS5 has the option of an onboard power supply, just connect 120VAC and a DMX signal and get 5 DMX outputs. Gang addtional DS5 PCBs to create as many outputs as needed. Add DMX outputs to existing installations or DIY projects. To "Add to Cart" select the LED mounting style required.
The DS5 Splitter also offers *True Fault input LED indication. Choose the Chipset Upgrade for TVS (Transient Voltage Suppression) protection on each output.
*True Fault - An open condition or unstable input will show true input conditions.
Note - The outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not "Transient Voltage Suppressed" isolated from each other unless the CHIPSET UPGRADE is selected.
- Compatible with all ELM Video Technology's DMX512 PCB's
- Optional IC Sockets for easy chip replacement
- Engineered with quality parts and a reliable and simple design
- Optional on board power supply
- On board AC input fuse (1A) and screw terminal
- +5V Fuse (750mA)
- LED indicators for power supply and data active (yellow)
- 120 ohm terminating jumper
- Design a splitter by using multiple PCB's 1x10 Splitter Example
- Compact design and versatile uses
*TVS - A terminated and open condition is considered an unstable state, the catalog/active indication LED could be either full on or full off. Data traffic is indicated by partially on or flickering illumination.
**TRUE FAULT - This IC features a fail-safe circuitry, which guarantees a logic-high receiver output when the receiver inputs are open or shorted. This means that the receiver output will be a logic high if all transmitters on a terminated bus are disabled (high impedance).
Also Note - the 5 outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not "Transient Voltage Suppressed" isolated from each other unless the CHIPSET UPGRADE is selected.
- Assembled DS5-PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Assembly with (4 .375" standoffs) and screws
DMX Splitter 1x5 PCB w/ Power Supply Option
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DS5-PCB
- Availability: Usually Ships in 1-2 Days