New Beta Release Date: Sept 2018
DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs Version 4.00 pdf - DMX input option added with DMX loop THROUGH/HOLD/NORMAL features
Previous Software Revisions:
V3.00 Release Nov 2016: PCB design change
V2.10 Release May 2016: added Scene save and recall features added. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.10 Version 2 pdf
V2.00 Release March 2016: added 512 channel support (previous 256), added CTS (Clear to Send) support, increased processor speed. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.00 Version 2 pdf
V1.01 Release February 2016: added processor reset upon "R" command
V1.00 Release Original DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V1.0 Version 1 pdf
- DMX CONTROL WARNING: NEVER use DMX data devices where human safety must be maintained.
- NEVER use DMX data devices for pyrotechnics or similar controls.
- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology
- Name: RS232 to DMX Converter Controller
- Description: Connect a touch panel/screen, RS232 terminal, or computer port and control DMX dimmers and devices. A set of commands and auto fade rates offer power and flexibility for controlling DMX equipment. Use any RS232 terminal application to create command strings to: turn on, off, fade up, and fade down dimmer 256 DMX channels.
- MPN: DS232r-X-DC3P
- Model: DS232r
- Functional description: The DS232 is an RS232 (terminal or computer port) to DMX converter that will control and drive DMX controlled dimmers and devices.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F
- Storage temperature: 0°F to 120°F
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- UL Listings: Power Supply, PCB pre populated
- Non-Volatile Memory Writes: Minimum 100K, Typical 1M
- Non-Volatile Memory Retention: Minimum 40 Yrs, Typical 100 Yrs
- Chassis: Anodized Aluminum .093" thick RoHS compliant
- 5V Current: apx 115mA - under full DMX load (60mA)
- RS232 Input: 9 Pin female serial connector at 9600 Baud rate, 8, 1, None (Use a 9 pin male straight through cable)
- DB9 Connections: Pin 5-gnd, pin 2-TX data (from DS232 to DTE [source]), pin 3-RX data (from DTE [source] to the DS232 unit), pin 8-CTS (Clear to Send)
- Command String Length: 96 characters
- Command String Execute Timing: 100mS recommended
- DMX Control Channels: All 512
- Data Output: DMX512 output 250 kHz, 5 and/or 3 pin female XLR [Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +]
- Dimensions: 19 x 8 x 1.75"
- Weight Apx: 9 pounds
- UL Listings: Power supply, PCB pre populated
- Internal FUSE: RS232 Converter PCB - 500mA PCB mount through hole
- External Power Supply: +5VDC wall style
- Voltage Input: 100 ~ 132 (or 240) VAC
- Current Output (Min): 1A
- Power (Min): 5 Watts
- Polarization: Positive Center
- Output Connector: Locking Barrel Plug, 2.5mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm
- DMX input with 3 or 5 pin - provides DMX loop through for viewing and storing from any DMX source
- OPTICAL INPUT OPTION - In order to optically isolate the input and offer protection, the DSI-4 requires a 25mA input line load which is ½ of a DMX 512 daisy chain load. It is recommended this unit be used directly out of the lighting board or DMX generating device. Because of this load the input does not conform to the DMX 512 specifications but should work with most systems. Also note that the outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not optically isolated from each other.
- Equipped with 1 RS232 to DMX converter, add up to 4 for a total of 5 independent converters in a 1U enclosure
- Equipped with a 3 pin XLR connectors, optionally add 5 pin XLR connectors to each converter
The DS232 is an RS232 to DMX converter controller driver in a 1 RU 19" rack mount enclosure. Includes power supply. Equipped with 1 converter, optionally add up to 4 additional converters for a total of 5 RS232 to DMX converters in one chassis. See the DS232 full description category page for a full product description.
Product drawing and example photos shown. Call or email sales today!
RS232 to DMX Converter Controller 1RU Rack Mount
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DS232r
- Availability: Usually Ships Within 3-5 Days