- DX10V-RL CONNECTIONS and USER GUIDE [pdf]
- DX10V-RL-PCB Wiring Example with Power Relay's
- DX10V-RL DRILL TEMPLATE [pdf]
- DMX512 CHANNEL ASSIGNMENT TABLE [pdf]
- April 2018: BETA release V1.00
DMX CONTROL WARNING: NEVER use DMX data devices where human safety must be maintained.
NEVER use DMX data devices for pyrotechnics or similar controls.
- The DX10V-RL PCB is not UL listed, the +12VDC power supply is UL listed
- MANUFACTURER: ELM Video Technology
- PRODUCT NAME: DMX 0 to 10 Volt Analog Converter with Simultaneous Relays
- DESCRIPTION: The DX10V-RL converts a DMX-512 input to a variable 0 to 10 volt analog output with corresponding relays.
- MPN: DX10V-RL
- MODEL: DX10V-RL-8C2A120V
- UL Listings: Power supply, PCB pre populated
- FUSE +12VDC: SMT 750mA
- POWER INPUT: +12VDC at 550mA (each 0~10 volt output at 20mA)
- 0~10V SOURCE OUTPUT CURRENT: 20mA Max each (500 ohm minimum load)
- 0~10V SINK OUTPUT CURRENT: 10mA Max each
- RELAY VOLTAGE MAX: 120VAC
- RELAY CURRENT MAX: 2 Amps
- RELAY FUSES: 5x20mm Ceramic at 2 Amps Time Delay
- DATA TYPE: DMX512 (250Khz) [Pin 1 Not connected, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +]
- RDM: No
- PCB DIMENSIONS: 6.15" x 3.67" x 1.04" inches
- WEIGHT: 7oz
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 32°F to 100°F
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE: 32°F to 120°F
- HUMIDITY: Non condensing
- REFRESH RATE: 571 per second w 8 channels (amount of times per second the outputs are updated)
- POWER SUPPLY: +12VDC wall mount (UL listed)
- Voltage Input: 100 ~ 132 (or 240) VAC
- Current Output (Min): 1 Amps
- Power (Min): 12 Watts
- Polarization: Positive Center
- Output Connection: Wire Leads
The DX10V-RL is a DMX to 8 relay control PCB with simultaneous 0-10 volt converter. Use as an 8 relay control unit and/or as a 0-10V converter. This functionality provides a 0~10 volt variable control signal with a corresponding relay to shut off the power to the respective driver or device below the 10% DMX level. For example, some LED drivers only dim from 100% down to 10%, the DX10V-RL provides the power supply connectivity to turn on and off the power below the 10% range. The DX10V-RL has  0~10 variable outputs and  relay switching control outputs. That is, output 1 has a 0~10 volt output and a relay control output, both set to respond to the same DMX channel. For example, if the DMX start channel is set to 100, then output 1 of the 0~10 volt variable control and output 1 of the relay will respond to DMX channel 100. The relays have voltage and current limitations, for increased power switching, multiple relays or off-board alternate relay’s may be required. See the specifications for the power switching capabilities. +12V power supply for circuit electronics included.
- Engineered with quality parts and a reliable and simple design
- Screw terminals installed for easy connection
-  0~10 volt outputs and  relay outputs
- LED indicators: Power, Status, and 8 relay status LED's
- Test mode for checking each output
- Assign the address start channel to any of the 512 DMX channels
- Stand-alone (No DMX) - turn all outputs off, or variably set on-board potentiometer
- Preassembled DX10V-RL PCB (Printed Circuit Board) with (4) .375" standoffs and screws for enclosure mounting
- +12V power supply for circuit electronics
Q. Will the DX10V control and work with my equipment?
A. Our DX10V unit is designed to control many different types of equipment such as 0-10V controlled LED drivers and 0-10V motor controls. To determine compatibility, examine the specifications for your equipment and insure it doesn't draw more than 20mA at 10 volts and no more than 10mA at 0 volts. These specifications may not be accessible and may require a technical call to the manufacturer.
Q. Will the DX10V outputs go all the way down to 0 volts?
A. For most practical purposes yes our controller will go to zero. The actual voltage is about 50mV (.05V) and should be considered OFF by most 0-10V controlled products.
Q. Why won't my 0-10 volt controlled LED lights turn completely off?
A. Most LED drivers we have researched dim from 100% to 10%, and will not turn off completely. This is a limitation of the LED driver. To determine if specific LED drivers will to turn completely off, examine the specifications of the driver, under the 0-10V dimming section look for ranges such as 100%-10%, 100%-1%, or 100%-0%. These specifications may not be shown and may require a call to the technical department of the manufacturer. If it's determined that the driver willnot dim to 0%, then another option is to turn the power off to the LED driver(s) when the 0-10V input goes below 1 volt. See our DX10V-RL product, an (8) 0-10 volt output unit with parallel relays that provide power switching below the 10% range.
Q. Can I gang or connect more than one driver per output of the DX10V?
A. Yes, ganging should work for 0-10V input devices, just insure they don't draw more than 20mA at 10 volts and no more than 10mA at 0 volts. These specifications may not be shown and may require a technical call to the manufacturer. Typically drivers will draw about 1mA to 1.5mA at 10 volts, so it is plausible that 12 or more could be controlled per output. To insure these specs are not exceeded it is recommended to connect the drivers as desired and measure the current at 10 volts AND then measure at 0 volts.
DMX Relay PCB with Optional 0-10 Volt
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DX10V-RL-PCB
- Availability: Usually Ships in 1-2 Days
- 5 or more $311.00
- 10 or more $303.00