DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs
V4.01 Release Aug 2019: Applies to and for DMX input unit - fixes buffer read delay
V4.00 Release 2018: DMX input option added with DMX loop THROUGH/HOLD/NORMAL features
Previous Software Revisions:
V3.00 Release Nov 2016: PCB design change
V2.10 Release May 2016: added Scene save and recall features added. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.10 Version 2 pdf
V2.00 Release March 2016: added 512 channel support (previous 256), added CTS (Clear to Send) support, increased processor speed. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.00
V1.01 Release February 2016: added processor reset upon "R" command
V1.00 Release Original DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V1.0 Version 1 pdf
- DMX CONTROL WARNING: NEVER use DMX data devices where human safety must be maintained.
- NEVER use DMX data devices for pyrotechnics or similar controls.
- Brand: ELM Video Technology
- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology
- Model: DS232
- Name: RS232 to DMX Converter Controller
- MPN: DS232-DIN
- 20 Terminal Dimensions: 2.75" Height x 3.9" Width x 4.43" Depth
- 32 Terminal Dimensions: 2.75" Height x 5.9" Width x 4.4" Depth
- UL Listings: Power Supply, PCB pre populated
- Description: RS232 to DMX Converter
- Functional description: The DS232 is an RS232 (terminal or computer port) to DMX converter that will control and drive DMX controlled dimmers and devices.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F
- Storage temperature: 0°F to 120°F
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- Non-Volatile Memory Writes: Minimum 100K, Typical 1M
- Non-Volatile Memory Retention: Minimum 40 Yrs, Typical 100 Yrs
- 5V Current: apx 115mA - under full DMX load (60mA) per DS232-PCB installed
- RS232 Input: 9 Pin female serial connector at 9600 Baud rate, 8, 1, None (Use a 9 pin male straight through cable)
- DB9 Connections: Pin 5-gnd, pin 3-TX data (from source to the DS232 unit), pin 8-CTS (Clear to Send)
- DMX Control Channels: All 512
- Command String Length: 96 characters
- Command String Execute Timing: 100mS recommended
- Data Output: DMX512 output 250 kHz, 5 and/or 3 pin female XLR [Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +]
- Weight: 7 oz
- FUSE: RS232 Converter PCB - 500mA Thru hole mount
- CHASSIS: ABS Plastic
- DATA OUTPUT: DMX outputs - 5 (or 3) pin female XLR's, Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- UL Listings: Power Supply, PCB pre populated
- External Power Supply: +5VDC
- Voltage Input: 100 ~ 132 (or 240) VAC
- Current Output (Min): 1 Amps
- Power (Min): 5 Watts
- DMX input with 3 or 5 pin - provides DMX loop through for viewing and storing from any DMX source
- OPTICAL INPUT OPTION - In order to optically isolate the input and offer protection, the DSI-4 requires a 25mA input line load which is ½ of a DMX 512 daisy chain load. It is recommended this unit be used directly out of the lighting board or DMX generating device. Because of this load the input does not conform to the DMX 512 specifications but should work with most systems. Also note that the outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not optically isolated from each other.
- Add 1 or 2 additional RS232 converters for additional functionality
- 35mm DIN Rail (12") in length
- Any combination of DMX splitters, DMX mergers, DMX 0-10V converters, RS232 to DMX converters, DMX relay controls, DMX multi station wall switch controllers, or most all of ELM VIdeo Technology's PCB's can be installed for any additional functionality needed
- DIN Rail 35mm x 8"
The DS232-DIN is an RS232 to DMX converter controller driver in a DIN rail enclosure that will mount to a 35mm rail or wall mounted. See the DS232 full description category page for a full product description. The 20 terminal DIN box will hold up to 3 DS232 circuits for up to 3 independent conversion functions. The photo shown is stock, the DS232-DIN includes, 5VDC power supply, custom label with input and outputs connections as shown in the example.
Available in a 20 screw terminal box, hold 1 to 6 PCB's. Mounts on a 35mm rail or wall mounts. Unit ships fully assembled and ready to use. Unsure if your design needs will fit, contact Sales for more information.
Any combination of DMX splitters, DMX mergers, DMX 0-10V converters, DMX relay controls.
Includes power supply, face plate screws, and label.
Din rail sold separately.
20 Terminal Dimensions: 2.75" Height x 3.9" Width x 4.43" Depth
RS232 to DMX Converter DIN Rail or Wall Mount
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DS232-DIN
- Availability: Usually Ships in 1-2 Days
Tags: dmx, rs232, converter, controller, store, 512, programmable, 10, volt, analog, din, rail, wall, mount