V4.01 Release Aug 2019: Applies to and for DMX input unit - fixes buffer read delay
V4.00 Release 2018: DMX input option added with DMX loop THROUGH/HOLD/NORMAL features
Previous Software Revisions:
V3.00 Release Nov 2016: PCB design change
V2.10 Release May 2016: added Scene save and recall features added. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.10 Version 2 pdf
V2.00 Release March 2016: added 512 channel support (previous 256), added CTS (Clear to Send) support, increased processor speed. DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V2.00
V1.01 Release February 2016: added processor reset upon "R" command
V1.00 Release Original DS232 Users Guide and Technical Specs V1.0 Version 1 pdf
- DMX CONTROL WARNING: NEVER use DMX data devices where human safety must be maintained.
- NEVER use DMX data devices for pyrotechnics or similar controls.
- Manufacturer: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Description: RS232 to DMX Converter
- Model Number: DS232-5V3/5P
- Functional description: The DS232 is an RS232 (terminal or computer port) to DMX converter that will
- control and drive DMX controlled dimmers and devices.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F
- Storage temperature: 0°F to 120°F
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- UL Listings: Power Supply, PCB pre populated
- Non-volatile Memory Writes: 100K, Typical 1M - times
- Scene File Saves: 10K, Typical 100K - times
- Non-volatile Memory Retention: Minimum 40 Yrs, Typical 100 Yrs
- Chassis: Anodized Aluminum .093" thick RoHS compliant.
- 5V Current: apx 130mA - with full DMX output load (60mA)
- RS232 Input: 9 Pin female serial connector at 9600-8-N-1
- baud rate of 9600, 8 data bits, parity of None, and 1 stop bit
- DB9 Connections Pin 2 - RX (optional)
- Pin 3 - TX data (from DTE to the DS232 unit)
- Pin 5 - Signal Ground
- Pin 8 - CTS (Clear to Send) (optional)
- Use a 9 pin male straight through cable
- Command String Length: 96 characters
- Command String Execute Timing: 100mS
- DMX Control Channels: 512
- DMX Data Input: If equipped - DMX512 @ 250 kHz, 5 and/or 3 pin male XLR
- Pin 1 - N/C, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- DMX Data Output: DMX512 output 250 kHz, 5 and/or 3 pin female XLR
- Pin 1 - Power supply common, Pin 2 Data -, Pin 3 Data +
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 6.7 x 2.1 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Internal Fuse: RS232 Converter PCB - 500mA PCB mount through hole
- UL Listings: Power supply, PCB pre populated
- External Power Supply: +5VDC wall mount
- Voltage Input: 100 ~ 132 (or 240) VAC
- Current Output: 1A
- Power: 5 Watts Typical
- Polarization: Positive Center
- Output Connector: Barrel Plug, 2.5mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm
- DMX input with 3 or 5 pin - provides DMX loop through for viewing and storing from any DMX source
- OPTICAL INPUT OPTION - In order to optically isolate the input and offer protection, the DSI-4 requires a 25mA input line load which is ½ of a DMX 512 daisy chain load. It is recommended this unit be used directly out of the lighting board or DMX generating device. Because of this load the input does not conform to the DMX 512 specifications but should work with most systems. Also note that the outputs are separately driven and electronically isolated, not optically isolated from each other.
- Equipped with a 3 pin XLR, optional 5 pin XLR upgrade
- Mounting flanges - allows the unit to be counter top, under counter, or wall mounted
The DS232 is an RS232 to DMX converter controller driver in an all aluminum chassis. Includes power supply. See the DS232 full description category page for a full product description.
RS232 to DMX Converter
- Brand: ELM Video Technology, Inc.
- Product Code: DS232
- Availability: Usually Ships in 1-2 Days
- 5 or more $313.00
- 10 or more $296.00