RS232 to DMX Converter
The DS232 is an RS232 to DMX Converter Controller allows a user to control DMX equipment from any device that has a controllable RS232 output, such as a computer or touch panel screen controllers and drive and control DMX dimmers and devices. A set of commands and auto fade features offer power and flexibility for controlling DMX equipment. Use any RS232 terminal application, or Crestron & AMX systems to create command strings to: turn on, turn off, fade up, and fade down dimmers up to 512 DMX channels. Use a straight through 9 pin cable.
- NEW Scene Save and Recall of 100 scenes
- Full 512 Channel Control
- 512 Simultaneous and Independent Fade Rates
- Powerful Command Strings up to 96 Characters Long
- RS232 Query (Read Back to Terminal) for Viewing and Verification
- Global Fade Command
- Enter Percentage (100%) or Level (0-255) Values
- Several enclosures and options to choose from
Functions and Features
Set a single channel or range (or a multiple set) of channels to a specific value, and add or subtract values to existing levels. Any of the command strings can have a fade rate up to 59.9 seconds, and all 512 dimmer channels can have an independent and simultaneous fade rate up or down. With the global fade rate command, any existing fades can be updated to a new rate, finalize, or to immediately end any fades.
Command String Examples:
- D52@95G [Dimmer 52 is immediately set to 95%]
- D20+45+99@50G [Dimmers 20, 45, and 99 are immediately set to 50%]
- D100-512@10G [Dimmers 100 through 512 are immediately set to 10%]
- D2@75F01.5G [Dimmer 2 will fade to 75% (from it's current value) in 1.5 seconds]
- D2+4+512<10D5-10>50G [Dimmers 2, 4, and 512 will increase by 10%, dimmers 5 through 10 will decrease by 50%, both from their current value at the time the 'G' command is sent]
- D77-100@99F50.0G [Dimmers 77 through 100 will fade to 99% in 50 seconds]
- Fxx.xG [Global fade- 00.0-59.9 Seconds all existing fades will end at the new rate] Send F00.0G and all fades will halt at their current levels.
- S14@95G Scene 14 will be recalled at 95% of the saved levels
- S100@50F12.5G Scene 100 will be recalled at 50% of the saved levels with a fade to rate of 12.5 seconds
- S57VG Scene 57 will be saved at the current levels
Several enclosures and options available. Call or click today!